Re: [ARSCLIST] First LP

Thanks John!

>>> johnross@xxxxxxxxxxx 06/10/05 2:47 PM >>>
Sony Masterworks' "Milestones in Columbia's History" web site
(http://www.masterworksheritage.com/history.html) says it was
Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto, with Nathan Milstein, the New York
Philharmonic Orchestra and Bruno Walter (available on CD: SMK 64459).

However, that initial release included several titles, so it seems somewhat
arbitrary to call any one of them the "first." The Milstein/NYP may have
had the first catalog number, but arguably, all of the titles in that group
ought to share the distinction.

John Ross
Northwest Folklife
Seattle