Re: [ARSCLIST] Testing DVDs

At 09:16 AM 6/3/2005 -0400, Joe_Iraci@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Can anyone confirm that glue failure is actually a problem and DVDs are
delaminating all over the place. I have subjected 15 brands of DVD-R discs,
7 brands of DVD-RW discs, and about 75 DVD movie discs to accelerated aging
conditions. The total amount of discs tested was close to 200. Not one disc
delaminated.

Delamination should not be a problem on single-sided DVDs and I doubt that there is serious consideration of two-sided blanks for archiving (even DVD-RAM). Perhaps another term is intended here, but I am not aware of "lamination" in production of single-sided recordable DVDs.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/