Re: [ARSCLIST] How to digitize LPs at home ?

It should be ok as long as the DAC has noise shaping to overcome any mechanical dither at the DAC input. It really depends on the DAC itself in this case.

Damien J. Moody
Information Technology Services
Library of Congress

>>> jwol@xxxxxxx 05/26/05 11:06 AM >>>

The only thing that would give me pause is having the D/A converter situated in the same unit as the turntable, with its motor etc. But it may be no worse than having the D/A converter in the computer tower with its fans etc. Have there been any tests of the converters in these turntables? Thanks.

James

>>> jos.van.dyck@xxxxx 05/26/05 4:30 AM >>>
The easiest solution is a turntable with digital output.
Modern DJ turntables have both S/PDIF (44.1 kHz 16 bit) and analog line
level outputs,
e.g. Stanton ST-150, Numark TTX (with S-arm), Gemini PDT-6000...

Jos
NGM Archiving solutions