Re: [ARSCLIST] Cataloging sound recordings

----- Message from Karl Miller <lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 10 May
2005 14:08:52 -0500 -----

>It seemed to me that the record should have included a reference to
Stevie
>Ray Vaughan and Freddie Hubbard, also featured on the disc. Ok, the disc
>dates from 1988, and maybe those guys weren't famous enough at that time,
>however, none of the ten other institutions that tagged that record (no I
>don't know when they tagged that record) saw fit to upgrade the
>record. I fault the system.

I fault the cataloger. Both Vaughan and Hubbard were more than famous in
1988. NYPL's entry for this disc has Vaughan as an added name. He was only
on one track though, which begs the question of why Hubbard wasn't added
either.

Matt Snyder
Music Archivist
Wilson Processing Project