  From: Greenfield Family
  To: smolians@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:19 PM
  Subject: Turntable Amp. help?

  Steve,

  I have a Technics SD-D2 turntable and am in the process of locating a proper needle for playing the 78's that I'd like to record onto CD's.  I have an amp that's a Radio Shack Pro Logic/Decoder/amplifier that is available and newer - but in the past I have used my old Pioneer SX 636 - but it now seems to give off some sort of electrical shock when I touch the metal on the case...so I'm a little leery of connecting it to my computer in any way.  I'd appreciate your thoughts on this if you have a moment.  And by the way - I am using the software RIPvinyl and it allows me to record the 78 at 45 rpm ( on my turntable) and then process it in such a way as to speed it up.  We'll see how successful it is!  Thanks for any help you can give me!  I have a very precious old recording of my grandmother in her "prime" singing and I have never heard it.  I have NOT played it in fear of damaging it, but if I can get this needle and then hook up the turntable, I'm hoping to get a good CD of her voice.

  Many thanks!

  Pam Greenfield

  Greenfield Family

  Solon, Ohio