[ARSCLIST] Fw: Cataloging. Liebesbotschaft

SCHUBERT, Franz
----- Original Message -----
From: Steven Smolian
To: Smolian Steven
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:34 AM
Subject: Cataloging. Liebesbotschaft

This seems to work.

Note.  Indents will be 2 characters.  I didn't want to go through the hassle of resetting the tabs twice.

Steve

SCHUBERT, Franz

            SONG CYCLES. Schwanengesang (1828), D. 957

                        No. 1. Liebesbotschaft (Rellstab)

                                    Schumann, Elisabeth, sop; Gerald Moore, pf

                                                Rec. 1937/12/04, London        GrCo ORA 12333-2

                                                            HMV DA-1546 (78 10" el)

                                    --arr. Piano (Liszt) (year?), G. 345 no. 10

                                                Chiu, Frederic, pf

                                                            Rec. 1998/04/15-17, Nicasio, CA, Skywalker Sound. 2:46

                                                                        Harmonia Mundi HMU-907,239 (CD) 1.11

            SONGS: Liebesbotschaft (Rellstab) (Schwanengesang) (1828), D. 957 no. 1

                                    Schumann, Elisabeth, sop; Gerald Moore, pf

                                                Rec. 1937/12/04, London        GrCo ORA 12333-2

                                                            HMV DA-1546 (78 10" el)

                                    --arr. Piano (Liszt) (year?), G. 345 no. 10

                                                Chiu, Frederic, pf

                                                            Rec. 1998/04/15-17, Nicasio, CA, Skywalker Sound. 2:46

                                                                        Harmonia Mundi HMU-907,239 (CD) 1.11

            Liebesbotschaft (Rellstab) (Schwanengesang) (1828), D. 957 no. 1

                                    Schumann, Elisabeth, sop; Gerald Moore, pf

                                                Rec. 1937/12/04, London        GrCo ORA 12333-2

                                                            HMV DA-1546 (78 10" el)

                                    --arr. Piano (Liszt) (year?), G. 345 no. 10

                                                Chiu, Frederic, pf

                                                            Rec. 1998/04/15-17, Nicasio, CA, Skywalker Sound. 2:46

                                                                        Harmonia Mundi HMU-907,239 (CD) 1.11

LISZT, Franz

            TRANSCRIPTIONS for Piano

                        SCHUBERT, Franz

                                    SONG CYCLES. Schwanengesang (1828), D. 957 no.1

                                    --arr. Piano (Liszt) (year?), G. 345 no. 10

                                                Chiu, Frederic, pf

                                                            Rec. 1998/04/15-17, Nicasio, CA, Skywalker Sound. 2:46

                                                                        Harmonia Mundi HMU-907,239 (CD) 1.11

                                    SONGS. Liebesbotschaft (Rellstab) (Schwanengesang) (1828), D. 957 no. 1

                                                Chiu, Frederic, pf

                                                            Rec. 1998/04/15-17, Nicasio, CA, Skywalker Sound. 2:46

                                                                        Harmonia Mundi HMU-907,239 (CD) 1.11

Here are five ways of listing Liszt's transcription for piano of Schubert's song, "Liebesbotschaft."   The user would be offered a checkbox to determine which of these options he wants in his catalog.  My personal choices would be for the second and fifth, especially since Schwanengesang is not truly a cycle but a posthumus gathering of related and unrelated unpublished works.  For real cycles, I'd choose all but the third.  The discographic data about the Sschumann version is made up.

My own choice of options would also put the place of recording in a hidden entry which would appear on the screen when the recording date is pointed to.  Otherwise, I think it clutter.

I have no timing for the Schumann.  Since 78 rpm is a nominal rather than actual speed, I'd want to be sure it was timed when playing in pitch.