[ARSCLIST] Audio cassette woes

Re. the machine on EBay, Studer used to make an 1/8" head stack for their open reel machines for cassette duplication plants to verfiy bin loop copies.  I had never seen the RCA machine.

Re. the cassette that won't play, no one has mentioned manually assisting the playback process.  When all else fails I have to do this on occassion.  I do it by watching the take up spindle and, whenever it stops, give it some assistance with a miniature screwdriver.  By doing this I have always been able to play through problem tapes.

I use the addition of lubricant as an extreme last resort.

Kevin Irelan