Re: [ARSCLIST] Foam Flange Glue Removal

As a semi retired motion picture editor, AKA archivist for Family
Theater Productions, I'd take a piece of unimportant old spliced mag.
stripe and try it, and it should clear the vault of the vinegar smell,
too, for a time.

Rod Stephens

Nancy Mysel wrote:

Something that works and isn't carcinogenic? Inconceivable!

Do you think this would be safe to use directly on the oxide side of 35mm
fullcoat mag tracks?  We encountered a bad batch of splicing tape that left
terrible goo lines that have proven difficult and time consuming to remove.
(These are preservation elements so long term effects are definitely a
concern.)
-- nancy
Nancy Mysel
UCLA Film & TV Archive