Re: [ARSCLIST] Rezerex presentation AES NYC 4/12(was Re: Baking tapes and hig...

At 03:18 PM 4/13/2005, Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx wrote:
Also I heard back in the 70s from a tape manufacturer (not Ampex or 3M) that
the binder for their back coating was the same as for the oxide layer.
Removing the back coating would remove a significant amount of the culprit
binder.
Meanwhile the extensive handling of the tape by Richardson's method could have
the same effect as baking on the rest.

Don't forget one alternative to baking is vacuum desiccation. The Last Factory can do this for you. They say it's very effective. http://www.lastfactory.com/

I was going to send them a tape but the Glendale, California,
normal-climate-desiccation-for-three-months technique worked so well, I had
nothing to test.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Vignettes Media web: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/ Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX