Re: [ARSCLIST] Questions regarding audio collection of a university-based black radio series

There was a television series that aired roughly during the same time period
in the same market. The series was called "Like It Is" and was hosted by Gil
Noble and appeared on WABC - which is the NYC ABC flagship station. It was
an interview show and appeared in the days when you could have a long
interview show with the luxury of time to really do in depth interviews - 1
hour. I am afraid those days area gone forever.

I had the pleasure of migrating some of it. Some of the episodes were
fascinating - Gil interviewed many important members of the black community
during a very important time in history. I believe that he has donated his
collection to Jersey State College. Gil Noble used to have an office at WABC
New York. I do not know if this is still the case. I believe the show was
canceled in 2004 but I am not sure. I have not spoken to him in a while -
but I would start looking there. Gil is truly a scholar and a gentleman and
I am sure he will help you if he can. Please give him my regards. If you
have trouble reaching him please contact me off line and I will try for you.

Here are some other leads

http://www.ipoaa.com/save_like_it_is.htm
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/ontv/WABC_likeit_is.html
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/ontv/WABC_gil_noble.html