Re: [ARSCLIST] other places to see in Austin

In a message dated 3/29/2005 10:04:01 PM Central Standard Time,
rtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
And if you happen to have a little free time Thursday afternoon, on your way
the LBJ Library, you might want to check out the Edible Book Festival at UT's
Collections Deposit Library, 1810 Red River (corner of MLK).  The Edible Book
Fest is an international event in which creative types make book-style works
of
art out of food.  The Austin event is organized by students from the Kilgarlin
Center for the Preservation of the Cultural Record, of which I am one.  My
entry is a book-on-tape made out of fettuccine, but it's too soon to tell if
it's going to work.
My wife took my boys to this event whilst I was wallowing in ARSC activities.
She reports some of the fare served:

Red Cabbage of Courage
The Rice and Fall of the Ramen Empire
The Crepes of Wrath