Re: [ARSCLIST] Mic Pre-Amps for Field Recording?

Andy,
    You might want to look into some of these portable stereo preamps/a>ds
for field recording.  I do tons of this, so feel free to pick my brain if
you're looking for more input.

1. Grace Desings Lunatec V2 (stereo mic preamp)
2. Grace Designs Lunatec V3 (stereo mic preamp/a>D converter)
3. Beyer MV100 (stereo mic preamp)
4. Edirol UA5 (Stereo mic preamp/a>d)(can be modded for standalone digi
output very simply)
   Doug Oade of the Oade Brothers also mods these to sound beautiful!
5. Oade m148 (stereo mic preamp - fixed gain)
6. Oade m248 (stereo mic preamp - variable gain)
7. AEA PSP2  (Stereo mic preamp)
8. AEA PSP3  (Stereo mic preamp)
9. Sonosax SXM2 (stereo Mic preamp)
10. Sound Devices MP2 (Stereo Mic Preamp)
11. Sound Devices 722 (stereo Mic Preamp, a/d converter, hard disc recorder)

So many more, but I'm running out of the office.  If you want more info
about any of the above, feel free to email me.  This is a passion of mine,
so I have no problems discussing ;)

Heath Condiotte
Audio Engineer
Xepa Digital