Re: [ARSCLIST] .wav file content information

At 08:35 AM 3/15/2005, Damien Moody wrote:
It seems to me that what we really need is competent programmers and IT
professionals to perform a thorough analysis of the needs of the a/v
community to create truly usable and customizable software. IT isn't nasty
stuff - but the output of IT efforts, as with anything else, can be. In IT
there is a very under-utilitized, mis-utilitzed and misunderstood concept
called "systems analysis and design". That is, a bit simplistically
perhaps, but truly enough, all that we need.

That is truly what we need on a global basis. I wish I could figure out a way to make it happen. We have the beginnings of this stuff like MARC, Dublin Core, AAF, MXF, BWF, MPEG-7. It's all out there--too much is out there, actually!

The bad news is there are probably archives putting metadata in all these
formats.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Vignettes Media web: http://www.richardhess.com/tape/ Aurora, Ontario, Canada (905) 713 6733 1-877-TAPE-FIX