[ARSCLIST] 2005 ARSC Conference

Greetings friends

As Conference Manager for the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
(ARSC), I would like to personally invite you to our 2005 Annual Conference
to be held March 30-April 2 in Austin, Texas.

This year's conference will be held at the Radisson Hotel on Town Lake,
just down the street from the Texas State Capitol and right next to
Austin's fabulous entertainment district. A terrific meeting is in the
works; full details will be found at the Conference website,
www.arsc-audio.org.

The conference officially begins Wednesday night with our Opening Reception
at the Radisson. If weather permits, we will be able to view the Congress
Avenue Bat Flight from the hotel veranda!

Presentations and Round-Tables will be held Thursday through Saturday. A
preliminary program is posted on the conference website, but bear in mind
that presentations and time slots are subject to change. If you are
interested in a particular presentation and are only planning to attend for
one day, please contact Louise Spear (Program Committee Chair) before
finalizing your travel plans.

The Exhibit Hall will be open throughout the conference. Here you will be
able to enjoy frequent coffee breaks, participate in a fabulous Silent
Auction, and visit with publishers, vendors and dealers. Persons,
institutions or companies wishing to set up tables in the exhibit hall
should fill out and submit the exhibitor's application on the conference
website.

David Hunter (Local Arrangements Committee Chair) has arranged Thursday
afternoon tours of the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library and the
Austin City Limits Studio at KLRU, where we will enjoy another reception!

ARSC's most recent tradition is the annual Record Collectors' Wingding,
which will be held on Friday night. Join us as we swap stories and spin
records (or will we spin stories and swap records?) Other meetings will
also take place during the conference; times and locations will be noted in
the Conference Program.

The conference will close on Saturday night with the Awards Banquet. This
year, National Public Radio's Kitchen Sisters will delight and entertain
us, so be sure to make your banquet reservations early, as demand will be
high and seating is limited.

Even though we have a pretty packed schedule, you may want to hang around
Sunday to check out the Austin Record Convention. This semi-annual event is
billed as the largest record show in the world, and all ARSC registrants
will get a complimentary admission good for the entire weekend!

Traveling companions, spouses and ARSC members wishing to relax for a while
won't find themselves bored in Austin. Known as the Live Music Capital of
the World, the city is replete with aural, visual and gastronomical
pleasures. Detailed information can be found on the ARSC conference
webpage, and printed information will be included in the conference
registration packets.

Many persons are working long and hard to make this a memorable meeting.
Don't be left out in the cold - visit www.arsc-audio.org today, and join us
deep in the heart of Texas for ARSC's first conference in the Lone Star State!

By the way, due to my involvement in this conference, Vintage Record
Auction 37 will be mailed out in early March. You should be receiving it
around April 1.

Wahoo everyone,

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records