[ARSCLIST] Keith Monks... 1931 - 2005

With the permission of his family, I am saddened to report the passing of
Keith Monks on Tuesday February 8th., in his 74th year.

Many of you will recognize him as the inventor, designer and manufacturer of
the world renowned Record Cleaning Machines that bear his name.

After months of unexplained ill health, last December, Doctors finally
diagnosed the problem as advanced and untreatable liver cancer.  Through it
all he remained his usual self, cheerful with the steady stream of
well-wishers and callers, and charming to the last ( especially with
the nurses )

He passed away peacefully in his sleep, at his home in the town of Fowey in
Cornwall England, with his cheerful disposition intact.

He is survived by his loving wife Sheila, his son Jonathan (Jon) and his
wife Kathryn and their two boys Tom and Danny.

I had known Keith for over 8 years and ours was both a relationship of a
business and one that grew to that of a friend.  Even though we had never
met, the long distance telephone and FAX machine kept us in good
communication.

Unlike a normal business with contracts and lawyers, ours was done on a
verbal handshake. Keith Monks was the consummate gentleman, whose word was
his bond... his cheery voice and always good humor on the phone will be
missed.

Over the past year, Keith has been grooming his son Jon as the most likely
person to take over the business.  Jon had been involved at various times
over the years and thus has a good background knowledge of the business.
He will continue to manufacture and supply the the "Keith Monks" Record
Cleaning Machine, the acknowledged best device of its kind for cleaning and
preserving our valuable phonograph audio artifacts.

If you feel inclined, it would be appreciated if you would make a donation,
in Keith Monk's name, to Cancer Research in your country.

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's new CAMBRIDGE processes.