Re: [ARSCLIST] Small sound booth for transfers and restoration

Carpet is over-rated as a damping material.  The
walls and ceiling are far more critical than the
floors for reflections when monitoring - especially
in a small room crowded with equipment.

More importantly, if you drop anything (small head
shell screw or mounting nut for example), finding
it in the carpet can be very frustrating - if you
do find it.  If you don't - well you better keep
spare parts handy (which is a good idea anyway).

Finally - and perhaps most important of all - is
that carpet is a great harbor for dust.

Bottom line: there's more bad than good in having
carpet in a transcription room (just one person's
opinion).

Eric Jacobs
The Audio Archive
San Jose, California