Re: [ARSCLIST] Lots of tape decks

This guy has been collecting tape recorders for a long time, and even wrote
a book about his collection. He has a few very good machines (a Studer
A807, Ampex ATR-800), but they're not in this auction. This particular
auction appears to be older Akai (branded Roberts in the US at one point)
decks. While they may be interesting from an historic perspective to a
collector, I'm not sure how much practical use they'd be to an archive. I
believe some of these might even be tube machines.

I'm not saying "don't," I'm just saying "be aware of what you're
getting."  I've seen Ampex AG-440s go for $250 on eBay. Stereo, no less.
Many, but not all, of the Akai machines are probably quarter-track. I
suspect the little portable might be two-track mono.

Cheers,

Richard