Re: [ARSCLIST] A fundamental Flaw: Was Sampling Theory (was Fred Layn's post on the Studer list re: Quantegy)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Don Cox wrote:

> I think compression is a bad solution.

I agree, however, with the dynamic range of an orchestra being over 100db,
would not one need to be willing to listen at that level to get a fully
balanced sound?...I am reminded of this as per a discussion I had with
John Eargle, assuming I understood what he was saying, who suggested 80db
max for any commerical recording.

Karl