Re: [ARSCLIST] Vinyl Killer Record Playing VW Van

In a message dated 1/18/2005 9:31:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lyaa071@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  This is a bit of Friday afternoon hilarity that perhaps some of you
>  have already encountered, or already own:
>
> VINYL KILLER RECORD  PLAYING VW VAN
>  <http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR70235>

Here's the brief story behind this Van. I got mine in about 1979 or 80 from
a salersman. This is NOT the Hokey Pokey Sound wagon which was made in the
1980s  and is more of a panel truck).

The man who invented the VW bus worked for SONY! He though it was cool and
Sony made some prototypes without the Sony Name. But top folks at Sony thought
it was more of a toy and not up to high standards so they did not sell it.
The  original ones were demos. Later one of the Catalog companies made them in
GOLD  color in a plain white box. I have that one as well.

The original Blue VW has been sitting proudly on my shelf for about 20  years.

Steve Ramm