Re: [ARSCLIST] Sampling Theory (was Fred Layn's post on the Studer list re: Quantegy)

Greetings Alex,

> The PPT file you posted gets downloaded without the sound files, which
> detracts from its value.  I would be very interested in hearing this
> for myself, being somewhat skeptical.  Could you make those available?

Sorry no.

I´m not the originator of the link I posted:

http://world.std.com/~griesngr/intermod.ppt

That belongs to its author:

http://world.std.com/~griesngr/

David Griesinger is a PhD physicist out of Harvard who is the papa of
the Lexicon 224 digital reverberator.

And the principle scientist at Lexicon, and is chiefly responsible for
the algorithm design that goes into their reverberation and surround
sound products.

As he´s an electronics engineer he doesn´t believe that the ear can
somehow magically hear above 15-20 kHz but instead believes that there´s
a lot of mechanisms, eg distortion, in the gear that we use that will
give clues to the ears so we think that maybe there´s something up there
that we can hear?

Sorry no just plain old distortion.

Remove the distortion and there´s nothing to hear at all.

--
Best,

Goran Finnberg
The Mastering Room AB
Goteborg
Sweden

E-mail: mastering@xxxxxxxxx

Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to
make them all yourself.    -   John Luther