Re: [ARSCLIST] From ProTools to Vinyl? was [ARSCLIST] Fred Layn's post on the Studer

Not if you closed the top of the player.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message -----
From: "steven austin" <stevena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] From ProTools to Vinyl? was [ARSCLIST] Fred Layn's
post on the Studer

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List I came along at the
very end of new 78s shipping to stores, but I have been told by
old-timers that new 78s hissed loudly when brand new. Is this true? Is
that because of the filler in the shellac or the pickup head itself?

Also, after a few plays with a steel needle, I'm sure the decadents
lounging about their silks and pearls in the Roaring 20s would be
perfectly comfortable hearing our precious antiques on their Victrola.

Steven