Re: [ARSCLIST] From ProTools to Vinyl? was [ARSCLIST] Fred Layn's post on the...

----- Original Message -----
From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
> Perhaps people who work with this sort of material every day don't fully
> appreciate it, but to me there is something magical about having the
"original"
> item that can't be captured in a .wav or .mp3 file.
And I'll go that one better! As some on this list (and most on 78-L) know,
I'm a dedicated collector of 78rpm records. To me, I can have a recording
in some later format...LP, CD, cassette or digital file...and can enjoy
listening to it. However...I don't consider that I actually OWN the
recording until I have it on 78...and, if at all possible, in the form
of the original issue!