Re: [ARSCLIST] Format conundrum

No single format should be used for archiving important information. Based
upon our experience as an independent testing lab, CD-R discs are one of
several viable means provided that media, writer, recording software, and
archival environment are properly controlled. Sadly, archivists seek some
magical solution that does not exist. Each form of storage has its own
limitations that must be addressed. Budgets should reflect this, but rarely
do.

Also, any archived media should be regularly validated through testing, and
original source information should always be carefully preserved.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.