Re: [ARSCLIST] Recording wire

At 12/28/2004 08:16 PM, you wrote:

Actually, the one on ebay is a Silvertone, for use on Webster Chicago type
machines.

The picture on the inquiry email is for use on the GE/Peirce machines.  Very
different and much scarcer.  See my website, www.soundsaver.com.

I believe the spool on my desk (shown in the picture referenced in my
earlier message) is the original Armour type, which GE and others later
licensed. However the difference between Armour and GE might be no more
significant than claiming that a spool of tape is on a Scotch reel rather
than an AudioTape reel.

To clarify my earlier message, I have no idea if this is worth anything,
but I assume it's not until proven otherwise. If somebody can use it for a
museum collection or some such, you can have it for the cost of shipping.

On the other hand, if it's like the glass insulator I read about in this
morning's newspaper, which somebody put up on eBay for $5, and ended up
selling for  something like $10,300, I'd like to know before I give it away.

John Ross
Northwest Folklife
Seattle