Re: [ARSCLIST] Gold discs manufacturers

This isn't exactly another manufacturer, but Klone, which seems to be a
private label of American Digital (www.klone.com and
www.american-digital.com) has a gold CD which is advertised as being more
rugged than MAM-A. The irony is that Klone CDs are *made by* MAM-A. They're
a little more expensive, claim to have extra protective surfacing to
increase ruggedness, and claim to have a 300-year lifetime. I don't know if
there's any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, which verifies these claims. I
*can* tell you that I've bought MAM-A CDs from American Digital at very good
prices, and that their deliveries are reliable. They have T-Y CDs, but no
gold ones.

Aaron Z