Re: [ARSCLIST] Fw: [ARSCLIST] Gold CDs

I understand what you're saying and agree--and perhaps I'm exposing an
ignorance of the field here--but it seems to me that the right information
embedded within the header would link the recording on the disc to its
proper case (and identity) either way.  No?

Brandon Burke
Audio Preservation Laboratory
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave.
Washington, DC 20540-4696
(202) 707-0085

----Original Message Follows---- From: Steven Smolian <smolians@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx> To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Fw: [ARSCLIST] Gold CDs Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:07:34 -0400

Short of generating a CD serial number list for clients and they doing
immediate cataloging to track their quality control process, I'm not sure
how a studio would go about this.  Labeling printed on a robust surface is a
far more practical solution for those of us engaged in being an out source.

Some seroius testing of the various labeling systems needs to be done, and
quickly.

Steve Smolian

Meanwhile,