[ARSCLIST] Stand Alone CDR Burners?

Hi everyone,

I am writing  to ask for a recommendation on a
professional stand-alone CDR burner to use to
digitalize several old reel-to-reel recordings and
analog cassette.

Or should I totally avoid a stand-alone recorder and
go with a computer-housed CD burner.

I plan to use MAM-A gold CDR's and i know these ar e
optimized for higher speed burns.  We have a CD
Analyzer and can thus do quality control to make sure
we are getting a good combination of media and burner
and are producing good archival burns.

We would prefer a stand-alone unit due to ease of use
and portability, but would be open to hearing
arguments against this solution, if any of you would
care to make them!

Otherwise, those of you who find pro stand-alone units
acceptable in at least some archiving cases, please
recommend brand and type to us so we can know what to
order.

FYI, once we get these first generation CDRs done we
will replicate them using a tower replicator (Echo
Star from MaxOptical) which we already have.  I know
it does good burns on the Mitsui/MAM-A golds as tested
by our CD Analyzer.

Thanks for any help and advice you guys could share.

once again....

Brian Levy
Archivist for Euchee Indian Language Project
Cherokee Heritage Center
and Kiwat Hasinay Foundation

=====
---