Re: [ARSCLIST] copyright websites

The Music Library Association has been covering copyright on their site as well.  Much is regarding uses of recordings.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Brooks
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 11:21 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] copyright websites

The ARSC Fair Practices Committee is putting together a page for the ARSC website that will include links to sites with information on copyright as it affects recordings.  Committee member Dick Spottswood has suggested that we ask if others know of appropriate sites, so - if you know of a site that should be listed please let me know.  Sites should be (1) relevant to recordings, (2) reasonably permanent and (3) useful to the general reader.  One of the best I've found so far is actually about British copyright law and historic recordings, at http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.kent/soundrec.htm  I don't know of anything like this for the U.S., although the essay "Who Owns Pre-1972 Sound Recordings?" at http://www22.brinkster.com/paradio/pages/pre1972.htm is certainly useful.

Tim Brooks