Re: [ARSCLIST] Looking for a 1/4 track reel-to-reel

Ebay can save quite a bit but there’s always that unknown of the machine’s condition. I recently purchased a Technics RS-1520US off Ebay that was described as being in excellent operating condition and relatively clean. Well, it is in good operating condition (NOT excellent) but cosmetically looks like it’d been sitting in a junkyard. Rust bubbles, corrosion on the tape guides; hardly what I’d call excellent. It also did not come with the dust cover it was advertised with. I’m currently in a battle with the seller over getting a refund.

This gent (http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/vintagetx/ ) supposedly is a reputable R2R repairman and has an Otari MX5050 for sale. I think his price is out of line but for a known good working machine it may not be. I have no personal experience with him and have no connection to this individual.