[ARSCLIST] Splicing software

I'm looking for a computer program that allows me the ability to position overlapping splices before making them, adjusting them after trying them out, then  crossfading.

I'm using Sound Forge with which I am eminently satisfied otherwise and don't want to pay a lot for otherwise redundant stuff in another program, if possible.  The lack of this feature except in a klutzy way is the basic weakness in SF from my standpoint.

Steven Smolian