Re: [ARSCLIST] ? about Burning CDs for archives

On 23/08/04, Mike Richter wrote:

> Arguing this technology with Jerry is about as wise as disputing
> mathematical physics with Stephen Hawking - except that Jerry *can*
> communicate when one is not excessively simple.

Well, Hawking recently admitted to being wrong about one of his major
theories, after about thirty years.

I have seen no scientific evidence or tests here, only a blanket
out-of-hand dismissal of the possibility that there could be any
advantage. I don't know if there is an advantage, but the extra
manufacturing cost is small; so if there is an advantage, then black
polycarbonate would be worth while.

People who are very certain about something are often wrong.

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx