Re: [ARSCLIST] [78-l] "Isn't 50 years of copyright enough?" (copyright extens...

*******************

>Laws create outlaws. People WILL make copies of material that they
can't
>share any other way. Only the law abiding citizens will loose access
to the
>material.

Can't argue with this. Certainly the only people making available most
classic jazz, blues, country, etc. are either operating illegally in the
US or are importing here from Europe. Funny how the law discriminates
against small American businesses who want to reissue this stuff, but
not against European businesses. Perhaps that point could persuade some
Congress members, but probably not enough.

James