Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:02 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Old recording, "Speak-a-phone," fiber needles

Hello. A woman called to ask me a question that I hope you can answer. She has a recording that her father recorded in the 1920's on what appears to be an aluminum record, about the size of a 33&1/3 record. The record says it is a "speak-a-phone" record and that it should not be played with a metal needle and should be played with a speak-a-phone needle or a fiber needle. She is interested in finding out what is on the recording. She is located in northeast Ohio. Any ideas where she could go to hear the record or get a copy of it?

You can either email me and I will forward them to her or email her directly at wheel6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much.

Constance L. Jones

Project Manager

Business & Media Archives of the Mahoning Valley

A Division of The Mahoning Valley Historical Society

(330) 744-7621

business_media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.mahoninghistory.org