Re: [ARSCLIST] 8-track conservation and preservation

At 02:37 PM 7/27/2004 -0400, E Sutter wrote:
Hello,

 I was hoping to locate the documentary about the collectors but
unfortunately have not been able to do so.

Please contact the people at 8trackheaven since they were involved in it

  I find it quite interesting,
however, that everytime I ask someone I always get laughed at.

I hope I wasn't laughing at you. It's a phenomenon as you've found out, but for those of us who are audio quality enthusiasts (we're not as far out there as true audiophiles <smile>) do find the 8-track to be a bit of an odd thing--well, at least I did, from the beginning.

Anyway, it should be an interesting manual to write and I thank you for the
8trackheaven.com link.  Lots of great tips there!

The reason I reacted the way I did is that I realize that conservation resources are scarce, and I still don't understand the need for conserving 8-track tapes unless they are not issued on another medium. Now, if your manual is saying that, then bravo <smile>!

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it very much.

You're welcome!

Happy moving!!!

I'm too sore from packing to be happy at the moment, but when it's done, it should be great. I think my next move will be to a retirement home--many years hence--but I've lived in my four homes 30, 2.5, 0.5, 20 years (the half year was a rental while looking for this home)...and the 2.5 was in Aurora and now I'm going back, so hopefully it will be 30 years in NY city, 21 years in Glendale, and 35+ years total in Aurora (in two stays)<smile>.

Cheers,

Richard