Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 rpm storage albums

Doesn't Metaledge have something?
http://www.metaledge.com/

At 04:56 PM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
www.78rpm.com Kurt naaak
-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 4:33 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 rpm storage albums

Hi, Paul,

I expect it's a bit like looking for a new buggy whip holder.  There seem plenty of used ones around, in varying conditions.

The trick is getting a group large enough with a uniform appearance to cover your needs- I assume that's why you are asking.

In some cases, there are acidic paper issues as well.  Those for the earliest Columbia multi-pocket numbered sets have reverted to tree bark.

Check with Kurt Nauck.  They tell me he gets bunches of records in from time to time.

Steve Smolian