Re: [ARSCLIST] Mono CD transfer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Hodge" <rjhodge@xxxxxxx>
> Which makes me think , is there such a thing as crosstalk ( or any of it's
permutations ) on a CD,or any other digital format ?
I can't see how there could be, unless it occured after the signal was
converted to analog audio?
> If  not , could one disc be used to store twice as much audio in a " half
track " monaural mode ?  I realise that each independant channel would have
to be transferred to each channel at the same time .

> Letting the imagination wander a bit.
The easiest way to do this, AFAIK, would be to put the two signals on tape
as an intermediate stage
in creating the recording. It is very easy to put two totally different
signals on left and right
channels of a tape recording, and these could then be fed into the CD-R
"burner" just like they
were two parts of a normal stereo signal. The result would be records 1-20
on the left channel,
and records 21-40 on the right channel. Rather a mess if you tried to play
it in stereo, though...