Re: [ARSCLIST] 78 rpm transfer equipment

Well, I think the Elberg is intended for use by professionals who want 1)
balanced stereo outputs, 2) dual phono inputs with excellent s/n ratios, and
3) precise eq.

I've had other phono preamps, and for pro use, nothing else comes close to
the Elberg.

To me, the issues you cite as flaws are fairly trivial, and include routine
tasks that I feel are far better done in the digital domain - after the
initial transfer.

With our workflow, the Elberg is a stellar performer. I give it the highest
marks.

Parker Dinkins

on 6/29/04 7:58 PM US/Central, Steven Smolian at smolians@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The last I looked, this was a flawed product- no vertical, no nulling, no
> laft-right channel option.  This is essential, not an option, when dubbing
> old records.  Perhaps I misremembered- it won't download- another internet
> crisis, I guess.
>
> Steve Smolian

---
Parker Dinkins