Re: [ARSCLIST] Mono CD transfer

At 09:58 AM 6/25/2004 -0400, Robert Hodge wrote:
Which makes me think , is there such a thing as crosstalk ( or any of it's
permutations ) on a CD,or any other digital format ?  If  not , could one
disc be used to store twice as much audio in a " half track " monaural
mode ?  I realise that each independant channel would have to be
transferred to each channel at the same time .

Letting the imagination wander a bit.

There is crosstalk on playback, but only at a negligible level, well below the noise in any monaural source likely to be used.

I have made such dual-monaural recordings and, indeed, have some commercial
releases. For most purposes, the problem of index marks is prohibitive,
where that of single-channel playback is simply inconvenient. (When the
commercial releases were on the market, a three-CD set came with a channel
selector switch to be installed between CD player and preamp. Needless to
say, even with the lower price, it did not prove popular.)

Mike -- mrichter@xxxxxxx http://www.mrichter.com/