Re: [ARSCLIST] Mono CD transfer

On 25/06/04, Robert Hodge wrote:
> Which makes me think , is there such a thing as crosstalk ( or any of
> it's permutations ) on a CD,or any other digital format ? If not ,
> could one disc be used to store twice as much audio in a " half track
> " monaural mode ? I realise that each independant channel would have
> to be transferred to each channel at the same time .

I have a CD of a Furtwangler performance of Fidelio which was issued in
that format some years ago.

I believe Philips objected very strongly as this does not match the Red
Book specification.

Now that CDs are so cheap and the double jewel cases as thin as singles,
it isn't worth the trouble.

Regards
--
Don Cox