Re: [ARSCLIST] Mono CD transfer

CD-i formats offer many options, including monaural. Leval A (HiFi
quality) stores 4.8 hours in 4 mono channels using 8-bit 37.8 kHz
sampling (17 kHz bandwidth), Level B (FM Radio quality) stores 9.6 hours
in 8 mono channels using 4-bit 37.8 kHz sampling (17 kHz bandwidth), and
Level C (AM Radio quality) stores 19.2 hours in 16 mono channels using
4-bit 18.9 kHz sampling (8.5 kHz bandwidth).

CD-i is rare today, and few drives are able to play CD-i discs. The
format is used for "elevator music" and other applications.

Anything can be done, but the information has to be encoded, and then a
drive has to be available to play it.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.