[ARSCLIST] Shipping 78 rpm records and heat

I am trying to arrange for the shipment of about 3000 78 rpm records across
country using standard house moving companies and am concerned about the
heat in the trucks at this time of year. I saw the recent post advising
against this. However, in my own recent move my small vinyl collection did
not suffer any ill affects. I am wondering what experience people have with
this? Are there other relatively inexpensive ways to ship this quantity of
recordings safely? An air conditioned truck would probably make the move
too expensive.
       If the records are properly packed with insulating materials such as
styrofoam or bubble pack, would this reduce possibility of damage?