Re: [ARSCLIST] Nakamichi BX 1 Tape Deck

Hi, David,

I agree! However, not even professional manufacturers keep parts forever. Sony
has apparently trashed all parts for the APR-5000 series (why I have, ummm,
dare I admit it? nineteen machines).

Studer is keeping parts (at relatively high prices) available for the A807 until
2010, and they do not support the A810 or A820 anymore.

I have four and a half Dragons (the half is an unused NOS complete main
mechanism) and an MR-1. So far, the MR-1 is stable, and I'm using it for
non-critical applications and when I need Varispeed. I'm saving the Dragons for
preservation reformatting.

Cal State Fullerton has purchased several Dragons for their preservation
reformatting project and they seem to be working well for them.

If the machine doesn't have adjustable playback azimuth, I'd buy the Tascam 122
instead of the used Nakamichi. But, I'd seriously consider a machine that has
either manually or automatically adjustable playback azimuth adjustment--you'll
be amazed.

Cheers,

Richard
--