Re: [ARSCLIST] Cook Binaural LPs

In a message dated 6/18/2004 10:50:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, phirsch@xxxxxxxx writes:

Does anyone on the list have any experience with the Cook Binaural System? Cook Labs of Stamford, CT issued some 33 1/3 12" LPs....

Back in the early '50s, at college we had several of these two-track binaural discs.  It wasn't the turntable that differed so much as the arm.  To play these, Cook (I think) sold a clip-on with a cartridge, which lead fed the second amplifier/spkr system.  Binaural was really best with earphones; it was not 'stereo' as we have come to know and love it.
Don Chichester