Re: [ARSCLIST] Marantz PMD 670

Richard,

Thanks for the evaluation and advice. I am not aware of any real comparable unit (at least one that is in the 3-figure range), though I would be interested to hear if one exists

The price of $699 seems to be more or less universal online and is quite reasonable given the potential uses this unit could be put to. I agree that direct-to-PC would be the optimal route, but my workflow (determined basically by the varied locations and types of source material) makes bringing everything to the recorder much more problematic than bringing the recorder to them.

Thanks again,

Peter Hirsch