Re: [ARSCLIST] Marantz PMD 670

It looks like a great thing for $700 or so. B&H Photo has it for that price if you click "give me a better price."

The only thing I would suggest is that for in-house digitization of LPs and 78s you consider going directly to a good PC with a good sound card. I just bought a pair of Refurb'd Dells for $1250 each. Add to that a sound card (which I won't--'cause they're not for sound work, though they are faster than my current computer) -- Although I've never had one, a good choice, I think, for a sound card is the Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe for $400
http://www.digitalaudio.com/DIGITALAUDIO/myarticles.asp?P=5210&S=75&PubID=4401

See the review at http://www.pcavtech.com/

Of course, this doesn't work for field recordings, but it works for the other stuff.

Figure out the workflow and see what makes sense for you. I'm in the midst of doing a migration from audio CD-R workflow to PC workflow for all my projects.

Cheers,

Richard
http://www.richardhess.com/tape/