Re: [ARSCLIST] Writing - Reading ID tags

What is the most reliable means of writing Identification tags to music
recorded on a CD-R?  What I would like to do is be able to place a CD-R,
that has been recorded, in a second computer and have it read the names
of the songs instead of track 1, track 2, etc.  We have been using Nero
6 and have the boxes checked to write tags.  Sometimes it seems to work.
Sometimes it doesn't.  We are also using a label writing program which
will sometimes read the titles from the CD-R and sometimes only track
numbers and times.   We are using 7 computers that are not all in the
same location for our digitizing project and have outsourced reels to
another technician who records to CD-Rs.  It would be useful to us to be
able to read the CDs on any computer for the necessary information.  On
the other side of question, is there an ideal program for reading ID
tags?

Elliott Hancock
Assistant Manager
Ozark Folk Center