[ARSCLIST] Groove Damage

I've also found this method to be quite useful in about 75% of the
problems I've seen.  I've dealt with both DJ TT and the Esoterics which
both offered the direct drive disconnect so the passage can be backed up.
 I've never actually tried playing a platter in reverse to dig out the
grooves.  Maybe I'll try it then next time I'm having a black mass.
I have tried to use magnifying glasses and what not to actually look into
the groove and see if I can see anything obvious and I almost never can.
I've seen various photos of a small section of groove taken with a
microscope, but I've never seen a passage that skips by microscopic
photo.  I for one would be really interested to see what the actual
surface looks like.  Is it debris that causes the needle to jump out of
the groove onto the land and slide to the next groove over or is there an
actually groove that cuts across the land and make a new groove across
the land that acts as a "shorter path to ground", so to speak?  Anyone
know where such a picture might be found?  Thanks.  Randy