[ARSCLIST] Chicago Soul & Blues

Researchers and Collectors of Recorded Sound,

Much of what I've seen discussed on this list concerns an earlier period of time than what I am currently researching, but I've hit a wall so I thought I would reach out to the extremely knowledgable people that always respond to queries on this listserv. I've been researching for an article on and building a discography of a semi-obscure Chicago soul & blues label called Bandit. I have been hoping to get to an information source that may have original tapes so I could extract catalog numbers and possibly unknown recordings. Unfortunately, the man who ran the label, the widely respected Arrow Brown, has been dead for many years, and so are, apparently, many of the other people involved in running the label. I've contacted cousins and nieces and approached many individuals who were around at the time and interested in the music at the time, and so far these sources have been fruitless.
My question is: does anybody know of any archives or collections of Chicago and/or Illinois soul and blues recordings that are unregistered or unofficial enough that they don't have listings in the phone book or internet? Does anyone know of experts on the subject that I may have tapped? I have already contacted the eminent Robert Pruter who wrote the book Chicago Soul, but he didn't have the extent of information that I needed. Thank you very much for any input.

Rob Sevier