[ARSCLIST] Analog Masters

Hello Everyone!

I need to know how many of you, or how many institutions you know of,
make analog masters while making digital masters?
I know of one A/D grant project that is doing this.  They are making
reel to reel masters from the reel to reel or cassette original as well
as making a wave.  So my question is this a standard for digitizing
audio and how many of you practice this.
Best regards,

Preston Everett
Mississippi Department of Archives and History
Image & Sound Division
peverett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx