[ARSCLIST] SV: [ARSCLIST] 4-track tapes

HI,
first I do have to make an assumption,
you are talking about tapes, and NOT cassettes.
If so, Tandberg produced  four-track consumer machines, or more correctly
double stereo machines,
from as early as the beginning of the sixties.
If played back on a conventional two-track 1/4" you get one track forward
and one backward in each channel.
If this is what you are looking for,
I do have service manuals for this machines for you to have a copy of, if
requested. I am also sure there are people much closer to you that have the
machines to play them back for you, as I am writing from the Artic Circle in
Norway.

lars gaustad
preservation advisor
media lab